Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Filipino-American Idol

Jessica Sanchez, a 16-year-old Filipino-Mexican from San Diego, California is one of the Top 24 finalists in American Idol Season 11.Sanchez sang her soulful rendition of Celine Dion's "The Prayer" on the show. After the 3 judges (Jennifer Lopez, Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler) revealed her fate in the show, the 16-year-old half-pinoy said, "This is the biggest thing that had happened to me. I've been watching this show since I was little. And I made it. It's crazy."


More than a dream come true, Jessica sees this Idol thing as an opportunity to support her family. "My family has spent so much money on me. They've sacrificed so much time. My mom is unemployed because of my music career. Knowing there's a possibility of me being able to help my family in this situation, that's why I'm here, that's why I'm working hard." She said.

Another reason for pinoys to watch the show. Let's all support our bet (even if we can't vote) by praying for her to be the very first Filipino-Mexican-American Idol.

No comments: